Women’s day is a special day celebrating womanhood; a special day to wish a thank you to your mothers, sisters, wives, daughters and friends for their undying support in making you! Women can be both gentle & caring and at the same time strong and vivacious! You don’t need to be a florist to understand the language of flowers! Well, ideas become unique when you add memories to them. Recreate special moments and go the floral way!
- Flowers chosen to perfectly compliment her personality along with handmade cards, or a box of chocolates, and a bottle of fine wine or candle light dinners or diamonds never fail to impress!
- Adding edible flowers to your recipes to make them tastier and unique, not a bad idea!
- Relaxing at your nearest spa with flowers and essential aromatic oils sounds rejuvenating??
- How about gifting yourself floral prints for work to lighten the feel for the day?
- Taking a day off and spending some quality time gardening? How about a visiting a nearby park in the evening with flowers adding colors to your mundane eve?
A slew of flowers to choose from!
Wish to gift a bunch of white flowers to your mother for standing tall through all your thick and thin? Flowers can be the best way to express your gratitude or the sweet feelings that you harbor within for a woman you love! From seasonal flowers to fragrant ones, from bouquets to single strands to those perfectly describing her personality, you could pick any!
Need some help deciding??
Mother’s day is celebrated on the 8th of March every year internationally. The weather is bit warm in most of the places and people love sweet smelling flowers to brighten up their moods! Some of the typical flowers include Gerbera, petunia, Freesia, Lavender, Forget me not and Alstromeria. Each has its significance if you try to understand the language of flowers! Better, gift a big bouquet!
Do you have a thing for purple flowers? Opt for hydrangeas or lilacs or irises! You prefer pink? Why not add more of daisies, lotuses, peonies, gladiolus or roses to your bunch? If you are someone totally in love with white, white lilies, Vanda, japhet, gardenia, calla, white roses etc are a must!
A complete foodie woman, are you? Add edible flowers to your recipes!
If you are someone who has been dying to bite into a delicious chocolate cake and women’s day comes as an awaited day to do the same, add some lavender or borage, and orange juice to the cake mixture. Borage is a naturally sweet flower and can be used for garnishing as well. Other common edible floral names are Moringa, snapdragons, Sesbania, marigold, lotus stems etc. They are not only for making the food look yummy but also healthy components to be added on!
Aromatic oils that you can get from flowers??
One of the most common examples is lavender. Lavender oil is used as room freshener since long. Red clove oil and oil from mentha are used against muscle pains apart from being used in spas!